Forum

Question on Abaqus-SwiftComp GUI

1. shao buer

Hello

I am working on some examples on Abaqus-SwiftComp_GUI_v1.2.2_Manual and I am having some problems when I proceed to section 3.4 "Cross-Section with Arbitrary Shape".

I follow the instructions to give the four layers of a cross section a layer, as shown in Figure 1. When I gave the upper part of the cross section no problem, I got the result of Figure 2, but when I gave the left part the layer, I was told to give the failure. I did not get the result as explained. The information displayed in the Message Area is shown in Figure 3.

Figure 1

2. Bo Peng

Su, Could you please answer this question? Best regards, Bo ________________________________ ---- Emailed forum response from peng69@purdue.edu
  3. Su Tian

It seems that the issue may be caused by the direction of the curved edge. Can you try to create the left curved edge in the other direction (from top left to bottom left)? Or you can create another layup with the layer sequence reversed, and assign the layup with the baseline and opposite boundary switched.

4. shao buer

Thanks,I solved this problem perfectly according to your instructions. It is the cause of the curved edge that leads to this problem.